Skip to main content

Why Look For Ways to Change Your Dominant Mental Attitude


Let me begin by saying that I’m so ordinary that you’d never notice me even if I were the only one perched on a shelf. And what I’ve learned about maintaining a contented and happy life may only apply to me. But I’m hoping that you might find something that levels up your ability to find the same thing.

What Happens When We Constantly Keep Our Heads Down

When we look down, we can only see the step we just took and one yet to be taken. That’s an extremely limited view of our life’s potential and one that could never achieve the excitement and joy that we all want to experience. So, metaphorically, we can all lift our heads and let life surprise us by the results we achieve.

An Example Of The Cause And Effect Of This Principle In My Life.

Sometimes we tend to attribute most of the troublesome aspects of life to circumstances. But lifting our heads and taking a broader view might convince us otherwise. I’m not saying that circumstance doesn’t play its part — it does. But if circumstances were solely responsible, why doesn't negativism, discontent, and deep-seated unhappiness disappear when circumstances improve?

It becomes uncomfortably clear that the core problem is sometimes present regardless of circumstance. With our heads lifted, we can also see that the only other significant object in this scenario is — OURSELVES.

So being the quick-witted persons that we are, we're probably quick to shift the blame to someone else.


Have you ever said, “I was born this way? It’s in my genes?” Woe to our poor, innocent ancestors…

Change is HARD! But change is what we may need to do to achieve the happiness in life we desire. And there is only one place to start. Attitude. Attitude. Attitude.

I won’t go into the zillions of ways one can go about changing their dominant mental attitude, there are many great resources for that. But I will say, try it for yourself. What do you have to lose except a boatload of misery?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Design a Slow Stitch Fiber Art Project

Step one is to sketch a rough draft of the design you want to create for slow stitching.  Step two is to cut and place fabric and fibers where you want them in your design.  Step 3 is to start layering up individual areas of the design until you achieve the look you want. The next step is to remove each piece as you want to sew it onto your background fabric, leaving the designed piece intact until you're ready to sew them.  If the piece is very intricate, take a photo before starting to sew just in case you need to refer to it later. This is the method I use when designing my slow-stitch pieces. It's easy and works beautifully. This method leaves plenty of room for adding or modifying the design as you go along. Consider it a draft that you can embellish or improve as you work.   

Characters Must be Flawed to be Perfect - Writing Romantic Fiction

  Don’t bore your readers to death! Perfect people who make no mistakes, always do the right thing, and fulfill our every desire are guaranteed to bore a fiction reader to death! For me, this truth is an oxymoron. Why? Because I’d personally love to be such a perfect person and have my life filled with them. But, as a writer of fiction, I know that most readers won't get past the first ten pages of a story whose characters are cookie-cutter perfect. Why do the majority of those who love to read romantic fiction feel the same way? It’s really simple. Readers of romantic fiction want some sort of conflict on every page. They want to join the obstacle-filled journey of the protagonist as she/he struggles toward the ultimate goal of finding true love. And the harder this quest, the more likely they’ll stay with the story, turning each page with keen anticipation. As a writer, I like to create this conflict through external issues, but most especially, through the flawed personalities o...

Are You a Door Slammer - What Does it Accomplish

                                                 Purrrrr..."Who asked that stupid question?" I think most of us at some time in our lives have slammed a door out of frustration or anger. I know I'm guilty. It's not something I do now, and I'm not sure why I've done it in the past, except that it was a way to make sure that those around me knew I was upset.  But thinking back on the action, it was really a reaction to my own uncontrolled emotions. And to address the question as to what it accomplished, it would be easier to tell you what it DIDN'T accomplish. It didn't make those around me care more about my feelings. It didn't improve the situation at hand. It didn't make me a better person. It didn't get me what I wanted. It didn't show how mature I was or thought I was. It didn't punish anyone but myself. It didn't make me feel like I had won anything of va...