Skip to main content

Recipe - Crepes at Every Meal and In Between

 


This has got to be one of the easiest meal-planning solutions ever! So how does a Texas Lady put these crepes to good use in her kitchen? Well, take a seat because I'm about to tell you.

Basic Crepe Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
½ cup milk
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.

Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. 

Lynda's Kitchen:

When I strap on my apron and get serious about making crepes, I make a ton of them at one time. That way I have plenty to freeze to use later. 

I use them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals as well as snacks. Let me give you a few ways I do that.

Breakfast: I put a hard-fried egg, two pieces of bacon, a slice of sandwich cheese, and a whole green onion inside, and then I roll it up. It's sit-down good or good on the go.

Lunch: I make a simple salad with spinach and arugula greens, chopped boiled egg, and bacon bits. I toss that in a smidgeon of raspberry vinaigrette and roll it up in the crepe. The perfect salad sandwich.

Supper: I roll up some shredded chicken in the crepes. Then I make a 'chicken-a-la-king' type sauce to serve over the top. Add some chopped boiled eggs and green onions on top and you're ready to enjoy!

Snack: Spread a layer of peanut butter and a thinly sliced banana and roll. Super snack!

Dessert: I spoon vanilla ice cream inside and roll. Then I freeze them. When I serve it I will top it with warm chocolate sauce and sprinkle nuts on top. YUMMY!

Crepes are wonderful for recycling leftovers. I can roll up just about anything and top it with an appropriate gravy or sauce and it's a whole new dish. That's when those extra crepes in the freezer come in handy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Design a Slow Stitch Fiber Art Project

Step one is to sketch a rough draft of the design you want to create for slow stitching.  Step two is to cut and place fabric and fibers where you want them in your design.  Step 3 is to start layering up individual areas of the design until you achieve the look you want. The next step is to remove each piece as you want to sew it onto your background fabric, leaving the designed piece intact until you're ready to sew them.  If the piece is very intricate, take a photo before starting to sew just in case you need to refer to it later. This is the method I use when designing my slow-stitch pieces. It's easy and works beautifully. This method leaves plenty of room for adding or modifying the design as you go along. Consider it a draft that you can embellish or improve as you work.   

Characters Must be Flawed to be Perfect - Writing Romantic Fiction

  Don’t bore your readers to death! Perfect people who make no mistakes, always do the right thing, and fulfill our every desire are guaranteed to bore a fiction reader to death! For me, this truth is an oxymoron. Why? Because I’d personally love to be such a perfect person and have my life filled with them. But, as a writer of fiction, I know that most readers won't get past the first ten pages of a story whose characters are cookie-cutter perfect. Why do the majority of those who love to read romantic fiction feel the same way? It’s really simple. Readers of romantic fiction want some sort of conflict on every page. They want to join the obstacle-filled journey of the protagonist as she/he struggles toward the ultimate goal of finding true love. And the harder this quest, the more likely they’ll stay with the story, turning each page with keen anticipation. As a writer, I like to create this conflict through external issues, but most especially, through the flawed personalities o...

Are You a Door Slammer - What Does it Accomplish

                                                 Purrrrr..."Who asked that stupid question?" I think most of us at some time in our lives have slammed a door out of frustration or anger. I know I'm guilty. It's not something I do now, and I'm not sure why I've done it in the past, except that it was a way to make sure that those around me knew I was upset.  But thinking back on the action, it was really a reaction to my own uncontrolled emotions. And to address the question as to what it accomplished, it would be easier to tell you what it DIDN'T accomplish. It didn't make those around me care more about my feelings. It didn't improve the situation at hand. It didn't make me a better person. It didn't get me what I wanted. It didn't show how mature I was or thought I was. It didn't punish anyone but myself. It didn't make me feel like I had won anything of va...