Skip to main content

Create a Fabric or Paper 'I FOUND IT' Game for Your Child - Perfect for Gifting

 


Children love games like Hide and Seek, and I Spy, and they'll love this special I FOUND IT game made especially for them.

I created this one for my granddaughter from fabric but paper crafters can do the same. Here's how I did mine using fabric.

  1. Find two each of multiple designs and cut them out. 
  2. I backed one of each of them with a fusible web product - I used Wonder Under
  3. Heat fuse them to a background fabric leaving a border on all sides. 
  4. I suggest framing the piece behind glass. This will allow it to stay in good shape for many years. As the child outgrows the game, the framed piece will become simply wall art that they will cherish in later years.
  5. The second matching piece I sewed to card stock, creating durable cards the child could use when trying to find the matching element in the completed design. The more elements included the more challenging and fun the game will be. 
Have some fun with this project and create a one-of-a-kind gift. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Design a Slow Stitch Fiber Art Project

Step one is to sketch a rough draft of the design you want to create for slow stitching.  Step two is to cut and place fabric and fibers where you want them in your design.  Step 3 is to start layering up individual areas of the design until you achieve the look you want. The next step is to remove each piece as you want to sew it onto your background fabric, leaving the designed piece intact until you're ready to sew them.  If the piece is very intricate, take a photo before starting to sew just in case you need to refer to it later. This is the method I use when designing my slow-stitch pieces. It's easy and works beautifully. This method leaves plenty of room for adding or modifying the design as you go along. Consider it a draft that you can embellish or improve as you work.   

Characters Must be Flawed to be Perfect - Writing Romantic Fiction

  Don’t bore your readers to death! Perfect people who make no mistakes, always do the right thing, and fulfill our every desire are guaranteed to bore a fiction reader to death! For me, this truth is an oxymoron. Why? Because I’d personally love to be such a perfect person and have my life filled with them. But, as a writer of fiction, I know that most readers won't get past the first ten pages of a story whose characters are cookie-cutter perfect. Why do the majority of those who love to read romantic fiction feel the same way? It’s really simple. Readers of romantic fiction want some sort of conflict on every page. They want to join the obstacle-filled journey of the protagonist as she/he struggles toward the ultimate goal of finding true love. And the harder this quest, the more likely they’ll stay with the story, turning each page with keen anticipation. As a writer, I like to create this conflict through external issues, but most especially, through the flawed personalities o...

Are You a Door Slammer - What Does it Accomplish

                                                 Purrrrr..."Who asked that stupid question?" I think most of us at some time in our lives have slammed a door out of frustration or anger. I know I'm guilty. It's not something I do now, and I'm not sure why I've done it in the past, except that it was a way to make sure that those around me knew I was upset.  But thinking back on the action, it was really a reaction to my own uncontrolled emotions. And to address the question as to what it accomplished, it would be easier to tell you what it DIDN'T accomplish. It didn't make those around me care more about my feelings. It didn't improve the situation at hand. It didn't make me a better person. It didn't get me what I wanted. It didn't show how mature I was or thought I was. It didn't punish anyone but myself. It didn't make me feel like I had won anything of va...