Skip to main content

How a Woman Wants Her Man to Love Her - Poetry — Loving is in the knowing



If I were a thought
I’d wander ever so slowly
Through shadow and sunlight
Tracing the patterns and
Subtleties of your mind

If I were a breeze
I’d slide softly against your cheek
Lifting the tresses on your nape
To imprint my touch
And claim the essence of your being

If I were starlight
I’d fall from the heavens
To shine forever in your eyes
And guard my reflection there
Peering at the world with you

If I were your heartbeat
I’d treasure the rhythm of your soul
Protect the fragile beauty within
Measure the moment when
You allow my love there to grow

If I were eternity itself
I’d keep you forever in my embrace
And count time unceasing
By your smiles so freely given
By your laughter genuinely driven

If I were your man
I’d spend each day in search
To know your mystery and allure
I’d find each portal and door
So that I could love you more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Design a Slow Stitch Fiber Art Project

Step one is to sketch a rough draft of the design you want to create for slow stitching.  Step two is to cut and place fabric and fibers where you want them in your design.  Step 3 is to start layering up individual areas of the design until you achieve the look you want. The next step is to remove each piece as you want to sew it onto your background fabric, leaving the designed piece intact until you're ready to sew them.  If the piece is very intricate, take a photo before starting to sew just in case you need to refer to it later. This is the method I use when designing my slow-stitch pieces. It's easy and works beautifully. This method leaves plenty of room for adding or modifying the design as you go along. Consider it a draft that you can embellish or improve as you work.   

Characters Must be Flawed to be Perfect - Writing Romantic Fiction

  Don’t bore your readers to death! Perfect people who make no mistakes, always do the right thing, and fulfill our every desire are guaranteed to bore a fiction reader to death! For me, this truth is an oxymoron. Why? Because I’d personally love to be such a perfect person and have my life filled with them. But, as a writer of fiction, I know that most readers won't get past the first ten pages of a story whose characters are cookie-cutter perfect. Why do the majority of those who love to read romantic fiction feel the same way? It’s really simple. Readers of romantic fiction want some sort of conflict on every page. They want to join the obstacle-filled journey of the protagonist as she/he struggles toward the ultimate goal of finding true love. And the harder this quest, the more likely they’ll stay with the story, turning each page with keen anticipation. As a writer, I like to create this conflict through external issues, but most especially, through the flawed personalities o...

Are You a Door Slammer - What Does it Accomplish

                                                 Purrrrr..."Who asked that stupid question?" I think most of us at some time in our lives have slammed a door out of frustration or anger. I know I'm guilty. It's not something I do now, and I'm not sure why I've done it in the past, except that it was a way to make sure that those around me knew I was upset.  But thinking back on the action, it was really a reaction to my own uncontrolled emotions. And to address the question as to what it accomplished, it would be easier to tell you what it DIDN'T accomplish. It didn't make those around me care more about my feelings. It didn't improve the situation at hand. It didn't make me a better person. It didn't get me what I wanted. It didn't show how mature I was or thought I was. It didn't punish anyone but myself. It didn't make me feel like I had won anything of va...